Tuesday, June 3, 2014

Update Marathon: Last 2 weeks living downtown Indy!

I got to spend two more weeks with Sam in the apartment complex downtown!  

We spent time with our awesome life group :)


Explored 100 acres for the first time that it wasn't covered in SNOW for us!  
It was absolutely beautiful.




I spent a week packing up my entire apartment and moving everything over into Sam's dining room and storage closet because my lease was ENDING!  I was down to just a mattress in my bedroom & a lawn chair in my living room!



Nellie had me help with a Juice Plus table at the Hamilton County Sports complex!  
It was fun to hang with her throughout the day and share wellness :)


Sam & I went to the Indy 500 parade AND race!  It was absolutely amazing!  
The parade was a blast and we got to see lots of fun floats and celebrities!  
And the actual race was SUCH an experience for me :) I had so much more fun than I imagined that I would!  Sam and I each chose who we thought would win.  I chose Will Power, because I mean c'mon, that name!  Sam chose Ryan Hunter-Reay.  
Throughout the race we had fun cheering on our guys as each of them spent time both at the top and the bottom.  But at the end of the 200 laps, HUNTER-REAY was the champion!  I couldn't believe Sam picked him! We had a blast at the 98th 500!



After the race we had an unforgettable evening with the life group for a Memorial Day barbecue!  
What an amazing bunch :)


Finally, Sam & I are SO excited that we have found a new apartment complex where we will be moving in August!  We drive about 35-40 minutes up to the Carmel / Noblesville area for church, life group, Sam's softball league, Juice Plus events, etc. etc.  We have really been getting tired of that drive and being far from everything!  So we researched over 50 different apartment complexes and FOUND THE PLACE!  Greystone is crazy close to Northview Church, our Lifegroup, shopping centers, Indiana's new Chuy's restaurant (need I say more?)  We both signed 1-year leases on our own 1-bedroom apartments!  It was meant to be, we can't wait to move in August, and be committed to this wonderful city for another year!!!  Until then, our summer will be spent in Texas and another fun location while Sam works!

Here's a sneak peek at my new home: 7114 Oxfordshire Blvd, and the view off my back patio!  Can't wait!








No comments:

Post a Comment