Monday, March 3, 2014

Update: Phil 4:6-7

About time for an update!  
Quick recap:  Indiana is wonderful.

For details, read on ;)


Sam has been quite the traveler!  A couple weeks ago, he made it to Texas 
for a night & then spent a few days working in Ohio!
Wish I could've hung out with these two!



Back in Indy, I had a sunny, snow-melting day and explored downtown after work!





The following Saturday was Good Neighbor Saturday with Northview church!  
The group I was in helped with Partners in Housing, an organization that transforms old buildings into apartments and provides housing to the homeless 
as well as life skills training and assisting in finding jobs!  
We painted two of their community centers!




Sam got back to Indy that afternoon and we got to hang out with 
his soon-to-be coworker and his finance!  We went to dinner at a hibachi grill and had the absolute best time with these two.  Excited for them to move to Indy in a few months!  

Thursday night last minute Sam and I went to an event that our Alpha leader invited us to!  It was in Greenfield and we learned about Juice Plus from a health and wellness speaker/doctor/athlete, Dr. David Phillips!  I'm sure I will include MUCH more information about this later, but for now, I encourage you to check it out!  Surprisingly, Sam was also very interested in the speaker and learning all about the benefits of fruits, veggies, exercise in a new way!  It was very great :)



Friday night, I went to their second wellness event, held at our Alpha leader's home.  
As a health major with endless health and nutrition classes, I was still very skeptical 
of the Juice Plus company, but this night completely transformed my view!  
The more research done, and the more I am learning about Juice Plus, 
the more good things I am discovering!  This video is a little corny,
but it definitely hits all the key points!  I'm sure I'll be sharing more soon :)



Saturday, Sam and I went on not one bike ride, but two!
First we drove our bikes downtown and parked along the White River.  
We rode down the river, crossed the same Old Washington Street 
that I discovered last week, then rode up and down the canal!  The canal reminded me of the San Antonio River Walk, but not as tourist-y.  Parts of it were still frozen!  
Then we went up the river, crossed, and back down to the truck.  
We loved the route so much we then immediately did it a second time!  


After the ride, we went to eat breakfast at Art's Skillet.  

Rewind: A few weeks ago I was invited by my friend Alanah (who is also currently interning) to take the Recipe for Success Veg Out Challenge: 30 ways, 30 days!  
This is a challenge to try 30 vegetables by the end of the month of March.  It is free and you are still able to register!  Once the challenge is over or as soon as you reach your 30, 
you can mail the list of veggies you tried to be entered into a drawing for prizes!
(Note: if you register, add the name "Alanah Lawrason" to the "Who encouraged you to VegOut" blank!)
My first meal on March 1 had 4 veggies, the 30 will go by quicker than we think!  
RFS has tons of veggies and recipes listed on their site 
and even more recipe ideas on their Pinterest page!  
Veg Out!



Sam and I did a little shopping around town and then headed back and went for another ride around the neighborhood behind the apartment complex.  
It was a huge neighborhood with beautiful homes and I don't think we even 
scratched the surface!  More to explore :)



Driving to and from work is one of the highlights of my day.  
Avoiding potholes makes me feel like a race car driver


We've been fortunate to have grass for almost two weeks, 
and then Sunday SNOWED again.  Just can't convince the sunshine to stay!

With the snowy Sunday, Sam helped me with a project that I will post some pictures later! 

I am sooo very excited this week because my family is coming to visit in a few days!  
I cannot wait to see them and show them around the city :)  
Praying for safe travels for them and for warm, sunny weather!


"When something in your life or thoughts makes you anxious, come to Me and talk about it.  Bring Me your prayer and petition with thanksgiving, saying: 'Thank You, Jesus, for this opportunity to trust You more.'  Though the lessons of trust that I send to you come wrapped in difficulties, the benefits far outweigh the cost.
Well-developed trust will bring you many blessings, not the least of which is My Peace.  I have promised to keep you in perfect Peace to the extent that you trust in Me.  The world has it backwards, teaching you that peace is the result of having enough money, possessions, insurance, and security systems.  My Peace, however, is such an all-encompassing gift that it is independent of all circumstances.  Though you lose everything else, if you gain My peace, you are rich indeed."

Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, 
by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.  
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, 
will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Phil 4:6-7

You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on You,
    because he trusts in You.

Isaiah 26:3


This is the message I continue to hear lately.  
It is also the message that I continue to NEED.
Thank you Lord, for your reminders and promises of peace!


No comments:

Post a Comment