Saturday, February 15, 2014

Yes, you really can ski in Indiana.

Well last week we did get the big storm!  
I'm not really even sure how much, somewhere around 10 inches.  The number doesn't matter much to me but the fact that it meant SNOW DAY was all I cared about :) 
Snow, snow.  All the pictures are the same, am I right? 
Sam found his own tiny ice skating rink that was hilarious


Sam's birthday directly followed the snow day and was fun as well :) on the actual day I was able to leave work a tad early and Sam was stuck in a meeting and then traffic!  So I had a whole hour to decorate his apartment before he got back :)  We had a delicious dinner that night!

Some birthday wishes from family/friends hanging on the left!

Happy Birthday Sam!

Icicles. Watch where you walk.



Work has been WONDERFUL so far.  I have gotten to go out to the schools 
and it has been an absolute blast hanging out with the kiddos!  
I will do my best to post some pics of everything going on with Seal at some point!  

Looooved the Olympic Opening Ceremonies & keeping up with everything going on in Sochi!  
But I did warn you about this… Yikes!



In honor of the Olympics, Sam & I spent last Saturday skiing!  
Yes, you really can ski/snowboard in Indiana.  We went to Perfect North in Lawrenceburg.  
Granted the slopes weren't quite as intense as the mountains in Colorado 
we still were surprised at how nice it was and had so much fun, 
I absolutely loved this day!




Church that weekend was wonderful :)  In continuing with "the 9" series, this week was about Joy!  It reminds me of my sweet sister, Rachel Joy.  What a great name!  And this beautiful woman has a BIRTHDAY coming up!  Shout out a little early :)  Choose Joy!



At the beginning of the message, we learned a bit about the difference between happiness and joy.  Happiness is a positive response to our circumstances. Joy on the other hand doesn't depend on uncontrollable circumstances.  Joy depends on the dependability of God!  While happiness may meet surface needs, joy meets DEEPEST needs.  Happiness tends to disappear when circumstances change in a way that we don't like, whereas joy actually tends to intensify in times of suffering.  How can that happen!?  Because despite feeling doubt and darkness during certain times in life,  joy helps to recognize and remember that there is a higher power at work in your situation!  Because although not all situations are ideal or easy to experience, joy intensifies because a joyful heart knows that the Lord has a PLAN that is good and perfect and He is at work in all circumstances.  

The idea from the message that has really stuck with me throughout the week is this:
Happiness is like a thermometer, 
it measures your conditions. 
Joy is like the thermostat, 
it regulates your life and conditional responses. 




After church, we happened to see that the dog show was in town!  
This was HILARIOUS and fun to see at the Indiana State Fairgrounds!


Another week at work!  8-5 has gotten a little easier and not having to study is strange!  But it has been nice :)  Sam and I continue to attend Alpha at church on Monday nights and we are coming up on the 5th week!  Alpha has been great and we love our small group :)  
Each Monday consists of an INCREDIBLE 3 course meal, a video in the chapel, and then discussion within our small groups! If you have a few minutes, I highly recommend watching the video from the first week!  You can find it here.  



Jackie & Gregg came in town Thursday!  On their way to Illinois, Sam & I got to join them for dinner!  I am so sad that I forgot to take a picture but it was so fun to see them and my sweet, wonderful aunt brought a beautiful cross for me!  



Snow. Again.  Oh look, a car under there!





This weekend, Sam & I explored Eagle Creek park!  It was AMAZING!  I will go through my 199 photos tomorrow and post on that adventure :) Here's a little preview...



PS. Happy (late) Valentines Day!



No comments:

Post a Comment